Baltic amber teething necklaces are made with beads of true Baltic Amber, which historically have been used as a traditional remedy and curative for many ailments. A completely natural, drug-free way to relieve the symptoms of teething in babies and toddlers.
How it works?
Amber is a fossilized tree resin, not a stone, it is warm to the touch and light to wear. When amber is worn against the skin, the skins warmth releases these healing oils from the amber, providing anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects perfect to soothe a teething baby. Amber is known to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach and to fight inflammation, infections and respiratory disease. Traditional beaded amber necklaces are a less intrusive remedy for the pain and side effects of teething, such as lack of appetite, upset tummies, ear ache, fevers and colds. A natural analgesic, amber will help calm a baby without resorting to drugs. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are also recognized by allopathic medicine. These necklaces are long known for the healing properties of amber which include calmative, analgesic, antispasmodic, expectorant, and febrifuge (anti-fever) functions. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties have long been appreciated by parents in Europe.
To get the most therapeutic value from the necklace, the baby should wear it as much as possible during the day. It is not recommended that the baby wear it to bed, or while unsupervised. However it you want to maximize the benefit of the amber, you could wrap the necklace around the baby's ankle, under baby's sleeper while sleeping, provided it is covered by a sleeper and inaccessible to the baby.
When can my baby start wearing the necklace?
The necklace may be worn from 8 weeks and up. Although you can start your child wearing this necklace at any time, the earlier the better. If your child wears it at a young age they will not even know it is there and they will not touch it or pull on it.
What happen if necklace gets broken?
Every bead is knotted in between to prevent choking hazard. Even if string got torn only one bead would come off.